4.09.2007

as u get older, contrary to common belief, it's not about what u haven't achieved or how much money u haven't got... it's not about what crappy car u drive or that u're not where u thought u'll be in 5 years... it's not about the book u didn't write or that song u didn't sing...

it's about having lost that fire inside... that desire and inspiration... that drive and joy... that thing that moved u forward and didn't give up... that thing that made u wanna do all of the above...

it's about that.

4 comments:

Magical Droplets said...

The whole purpose of life is to find the fire and know how to keep it buring

a said...

some mystics say that the true self is the size of a candle fire burning in your heart center. You can never lose it. Keep yourself alive and keep it going... use it to light other's candles and let them fuel yours!

linda said...

I personaly want to believe that I lost that fire by the time I was 18 ; at first I was annoyed by my own indifference towards everything in life ,but now I simply think losing the fire within; that watever thing that pushes you do to get things done is the most liberating thing that has happened to me..
I call what other people call the "Fire within," " Greed.."
Its what drives you to have a better car, to get better grades, to date good looking people, to ...
When you dont even need it..
Most of the decisions that i make, most of the things that I do , do not have specific reasons... I just go with the flow of life and at the end I pretty much get the same results as the others who are like motivated and hard working

Ali said...

if you are a creative person then there's a fire that will never die, it's an urge to speak to sing to write to paint...it's not about money or material possession .. you just have to know what your calling is..if you let go the fire will burn you to ashes..