5.31.2004

for most of the day today, interrupted by occasional e-mail checking and writing, i was cleaning house... i mean i really cleaned... i scrubbed the kitchen, the bathroom, the tub, the walls, the floors... this anal thing i've inherited from my mom... i vacuumed too... and caught all the spider webs in the corners with the vacuum attachment... all the while thinking that usually when u clean and catch all the spider webs, the spiders all come out to play! so i waited and nothing... didn't even see one... until bed time... i went to turn off the light and this huge brown thing that could grow up to be a tarantula stared me in the face laughing... right by the switch... made me jump, scream and walk around frantically trying to decide on the next move... i thought about several different scenarios to kill it while my heart was racing like seabiscuit... it was too big... much bigger than at my parents'... so finally what i did was to take a big heavy box of unpacked books and drop it on the horror... and i thought i was done... came to my room... busied myself on my computer... went back to turn off the tv and what do u know? another one of the same kind in the middle of the living room! ok, i'm freaked at this point... i used the same technique... this time the unpacked bread maker landed on the fuzzy thing... i looked all around me kinda crouched... thinking that at any time one may land on my head from the ceiling and crawl all over me... there was a smaller one by the window, but it was way up there and there was no way i was gonna attempt to reach it... what if it jumped at me and crawled all over me?! this is the problem with living alone... who's gonna kill the spiders? and i'm not even used to this kind... i have not developed any kind of immunity for them... what if they crawl over me while i sleep and go into my ears? right now i have my legs high up on the chair while i'm writing this and checking my bedroom doorway periodically... i think i'm gonna shut the bedroom door tonight... i think they're all in the living room right now planning their attack on me... the lights will definitely stay on tonight again...

No comments: