4.18.2004

so the other night me and a few friends of mine ate out and then split the bill three ways on check cards... the next day i stopped to get gas and i noticed how beat up my card's become... and i'm talking to myself: wow... when did this happen? how come i never noticed before that my card's in such a bad shape? how non-observant of me! when did the magnetic strip get all wiped out? maybe the bartender put my card on the vodka soaked counter last night (would that wipe out the magnetic strip anyway?!!)... damn... when did all this happen? damn bartender!

anyway... i get gas and leave...

comes lunchtime and i go to the ATM to get some cash... i try three times and every time i get the message that my passcode is incorrect... again i'm talking to myself: damn! what is happening? why is it not working? what am i doing wrong? is it the strip? i should go inside and talk to a representative... i've never had this problem before... oh wait... that's not my name on the card! whose name is that??? oh my god! this is not my card! oh no... i got someone else's card... some total stranger's... oh no, wait... it's familiar... the name... oh... it's my friend's card! we've switched cards! ah! damn...

i call my friend and straighten things out after having calmed down from my freakish stage... we meet later and exchange cards...

so comes yesterday and i go to the grocery store and my card is denied! WHAT??? again? invalid account??? what does this all mean?

i call the bank and apparently at 1:24 pm yesterday, while i was at home, somebody has tried to charge $647 to my account... my bank has rejected the transaction which i'm very grateful for... how? i have no idea! the lady on the phone said that the people who look into this sorta thing are experts... whatever that means... but i'm glad they are cause somehow they knew that it wasn't me trying to make that transaction... i'm assuming someone got my info thru one of my many purchases on the net... who knows...

they cancelled my card and are issuing me a new one...

No comments: