8.01.2002

on the last day of the trip as i'm getting ready to dig into a piece of my well-done saffaronned cornish hen kabob my cell phone rings... i answer... it's my mom: "are u coming back tonight?" she asks harshly... like i've missed an important date... i say yes... "click" she hangs up... no "bye"... no nothing...

i call back... ring ring... no answer

call again... ring ring... no answer

call again and again... maybe another 10 times... no answer...

i call her cell another 10 times... no answer

i call my dad's cell... no answer

i leave a message at my dad's work for him to call me...

centuries pass...

my head goes round and round... is everything ok? is everyone ok? were there any accidents? was the police there? was i supposed to do something that i didn't? i was pretty sure i told them i'll be in san diego for 5 days... is everything ok? is everyone ok?





finally the phone rings... it's my dad... "maybe she's lonely" he says... maybe she's lonely... maybe she's lonely... maybe she's lonely... she's lonely...

i'm mad as hell... my head hurts... i wanna break the phone... my day is ruined... my whole trip is ruined... what about all the days that i was lonely? WHAT ABOUT ALL THE DAYS THAT I WAS LONELY? ha?

No comments: